Skeena Resources Limited is a Canadian mining exploration company focused on revitalizing the past-producing Eskay Creek gold-silver mine located in Tahltan Territory in the Golden Triangle of northwest British Columbia with additional development projects and properties in our portfolio. Eskay Creek was the highest-grade gold mine in the world when it was in production from 1994 - 2008. Skeena is aggressively advancing Eskay Creek to have a full Feasibility Study completed by Q1 2021.
As a Skeena employee, you will become part of a dynamic, innovative, and results-driven work environment. You will be given assignments that will challenge your skillset while working alongside employees with diverse backgrounds and cultures. We value Health and Safety, the Environment, and the Communities within which we operate, and work collaboratively with our Indigenous partners, leveraging their traditional knowledge and respect for the land. By joining our team, you will become part of an organization driven by opportunity, entrepreneurship, and results.
Job Posting – Corporate Innovation Manager
Skeena is an industry leading mineral resource development company. We strive to develop mineral resources in a way that supports a sustainable future. Our vision requires the application of innovative technologies and practices to achieve economic, environmental, and social value for our shareholders and for the communities in the areas where we work.
To advance this vision, Skeena is hiring a Corporate Innovation Manager. Working directly with Skeena’s senior management team and reporting to the CEO, the Corporate Innovation Manager is responsible for researching innovation opportunities for the organization and its projects and guiding their implementation across the Company.
Working with subject matter experts, the Project Innovation Manager is expected to provide input to the management team on a diverse array of subject areas such as:
• Corporate governance
• Mining technology solutions
• Supply chain analysis
• Energy efficiency solutions
• Materials management and recycling
• Water use controls
• Research partnerships
• Stakeholder & community collaboration
• Sustainability focused mineral exploration and construction practices
• ESG metrics and benchmarking
• Diversity and inclusion practices and policies
• ESG marketing and communications
The primary function of this position is to generate ideas that support the creation of the most forward-looking mineral development company on the planet.
The Ideal Candidate:
Work Experience and Knowledge
• In depth knowledge of mineral resource industries in North America and worldwide
• Solid understanding of trends in sustainable technologies and practices
• Solid understanding of SDGs, sustainability reporting frameworks (GRI, SASB, TCFD etc.), investor and stakeholder disclosure expectations and ESG-related trends
• A strong network of mining industry and sustainability professionals and researchers
• Practical experience in mineral exploration, mine construction, operations, and closure
• Understanding of sustainability metrics and standards
• Previous experience with corporate governance practices
• Previous experience writing and producing annual ESG/Sustainability reports
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a diversity of roles in the mining industry
• Master’s degree (preferred) in a related field or equivalent experience
Key Competencies / Skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a high attention to detail
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to operate within a dynamic, team-oriented, and demanding work environment.
• Proven ability to build relationships and implement strategies through facilitation and consultation
• Highly self-motivated and organized with strong time management, planning and organizational skills
• Advanced proficiency in standard office software; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project etc.
• This position is based in the Vancouver Head Office; some travel will be required.
To apply by email, send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com, by 4:00 pm August 2nd, 2021. Include your NAME and the JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail response. Priority Hiring consideration will be given to Indigenous Nations Members of those territories our projects are located in. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.