Skeena Resources Limited is a Canadian mining exploration company focused on revitalizing the past-producing Eskay Creek gold-silver mine located in Tahltan Territory in the Golden Triangle of northwest British Columbia with additional development projects and properties in our portfolio. Eskay Creek was the highest-grade gold mine in the world when it was in production from 1994 - 2008. Skeena is aggressively advancing Eskay Creek to have a full Feasibility Study completed by the end of 2021.
As a Skeena employee, you will become part of a dynamic, innovative, and results-driven work environment. You will be given assignments that will challenge your skillset while working alongside employees with diverse backgrounds and cultures. We value Health and Safety, the Environment, and the Communities within which we operate, and work collaboratively with our Indigenous partners, leveraging their traditional knowledge and respect for the land. By joining our team, you will become part of an organization driven by opportunity, entrepreneurship, and results.
Job Posting: GIS Technician – Full-time Term Position
Reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager, the GIS Technician will be responsible for creating digital, graphic, and descriptive products to support company operations using GIS. The GIS Technician supports planning and operational initiatives through data input, manipulation, and quality control as well as map production and generation of 3D models and online interactive maps and applications, contributing to the growth of Skeena’s projects. This is a defined term position, from June to the end of November 2021, in our Vancouver corporate office.
• Creates, develops, and maintains spatial and attribute data bases used in Geographic Information System (GIS) applications, relational database management (RDBM) systems and other corporate business systems (FTA, Results, etc.)
• Populates, maintains data integrity, secure access to restricted data, maintains linkages between data bases and updates data bases as information becomes available.
• Translates, integrates, and manipulates data from various sources and formats.
• Conducts quality assurance on digital products and deliverables to ensure technical standards are met, verifies and checks input data to ensure continuity, integrity, and compliance with standards.
• Compiles, enhances, and digitizes source information to create various resource themes, data bases, spatial products and related models.
• Conducts quality control checks to ensure end user product reliability and validity. (Provides specifications for databases from contracts and consults with or provides verified information to data providers to resolve data anomalies and performs data capture from source documents.
• Produces spatial products, 3D GIS models, graphics, and ArcGIS Online interactive maps and applications.
Candidates Must have a completed Diploma or degree in geographic information systems, or in related field, such as natural resources or geography and one year of related experience or:
• Equivalent combination of training and three years related experience.
• Experience capturing, converting, creating, editing, and maintaining digital information in a GIS environment.
• Experience creating a variety of digital, geographical, and descriptive products including thematic maps, terrain models, 3D GIS models and online interactive maps/applications.
• Mining and Exploration experience is highly desired.
• 3D modelling and ArcGIS Online experience is highly desired.
To apply by email, send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com, by 4:00 pm May 24th, 2021. Include your NAME and the JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail response.
Priority Hiring consideration will be given to Indigenous Nations Members of those territories our projects are located in. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.