Skeena Resources Limited is a Canadian mining exploration company focused on revitalizing the past-producing Eskay Creek gold-silver mine located in Tahltan Territory in the Golden Triangle of northwest British Columbia with additional development projects and properties in our portfolio. Eskay Creek was the highest-grade gold mine in the world when it was in production from 1994 - 2008. Skeena is aggressively advancing Eskay Creek to have a full Feasibility Study completed by the end of 2021.
As a Skeena employee, you will become part of a dynamic, innovative, and results-driven work environment. You will be given assignments that will challenge your skillset while working alongside employees with diverse backgrounds and cultures. We value Health and Safety, the Environment, and the Communities within which we operate, and work collaboratively with our Indigenous partners, leveraging their traditional knowledge and respect for the land. By joining our team, you will become part of an organization driven by opportunity, entrepreneurship, and results.
Job Posting: Junior Accountant – CPA Student
Reporting directly to the Financial Reporting Manager, the Junior Accountant will be responsible for contributing to the growth of Skeena’s finance department by demonstrating a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and the desire to learn and develop professionally.
This position will include duties involving all things finance and accounting. The successful applicant will begin with training in accounts payable and accounts receivable, and will progress to be involved in all functions of the finance department, including:
• Accounts payable;
• Accounts receivable;
• Bank transactions;
• Project accounting;
• Financial statement preparation;
• Year-end audit communication and preparation assistance; • Assist with semi-monthly payroll processing; • Maintain files and documentation;
• Perform all other related duties as required.
Skeena offers the following to the successful candidate:
• Competitive salary and benefits;
• CPA dues covered;
• Paid study leave;
• CPA mentorship;
• Growth potential;
• Work-life balance.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Accounting diploma or working towards an accounting degree;
• Registered in, or intend to register in the CPA program in the very near future;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task;
• Detail oriented;
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• In depth knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs and demonstrates a high level of keyboarding skill;
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This is an opportunity to join a small, creative team of finance professionals, and help our Company navigate through its recent growth. In doing so, you will be provided the time, resources, experience, and mentorship to grow as a CPA yourself.
To apply by email, send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com, by 4:00 pm May 28th, 2021. Include your NAME and the JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail response. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.