Copper Mountain Mine is a large scale open pit copper mine located in south central British Columbia. The mine has evolved into a mature and highly efficient operation with a long term mine plan and significant opportunity for mine life extension. If you like to work with people in a working environment to deliver results, and you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle with easy access to city life, this could be your opportunity.
Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Mill Operations Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing and leading the Mill Operations team.
• Ensure the safe and environmentally responsible operation of the concentrator, tailings facility and associated operations.
• Ensure all production targets are met or exceeded.
• Interact with other departments within and outside the Mill to ensure optimal output.
• Assist with hiring, reviews, disciplinary and other personnel actions.
• Oversight of the Mill Operations department; providing guidance and development to the team.
• Support operations in developing and providing technical training through documentation and training programs.
• Identify key issues; creatively and strategically to overcome internal challenges
• Support the development of the annual mill production budget through 1 -3 -5 year planning.
• Oversee the coordination and safe execution of shutting down mill operations for budgeted and unbudgeted downtime events.
• Proven experience leading teams in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
• Degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering, or Mineral Processing with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in concentrators, preferably with significant exposure to copper ores
• Hold or is able to obtain a Professional Engineering designation in British Columbia within 6 months
• Previous management experience in a technical environment with proven leadership abilities
• Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes
• Strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills
Pay and Benefits:
Copper Mountain Mine offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including RRSP contributions. There is no camp provision at Copper Mountain Mine. This position works 5x2 (Monday to Friday). All qualified persons are invited to apply; applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and a medical.
Send resume outlining related qualifications to email@example.com (in either word or pdf format).
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Copper Mountain Mine respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.Ensure the safe and environmentally responsible operation of the concentrator, tailings facility and associated operations.