Copper Mountain Mine is a large scale open pit copper mine located in south central British Columbia. The mine has evolved into a mature and highly efficient operation with a long term mine plan and significant opportunity for mine life extension. If you like to work with people in a working environment to deliver results, and you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle with easy access to city life, this could be your opportunity.
Reporting to the Mine Operations Manager, the Mine Operations Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing and leading the Mine Operations Department including drill/blast and mine training.
• Ensure safe mining operations that adheres to the BC Mine and Reclamation Code and Copper Mountain Standard Operating Procedures.
• Actively participates in creating a safe and efficient operation by facilitating crew meetings, visible felt leadership, work place inspections and hazard identification.
• Ensure mining operations adheres to the Copper Mountain Mine environmental policies and procedures.
• Review and update Standard Operating procedures as required.
• Ensure effective day-to-day management of open pit operations including drill and blast, load and haul and dump and pit services.
• Coordinate open pit capital projects as directed by the Mine Operations Manager
• Assure effective training of mine operations personnel and site mobile equipment operations training
• Ensure mining operations are productive an efficient; fully utilizing the dispatch system capabilities to maximize equipment productivity at the lowest cost per tonne mined.
• Achieve the mine’s annual production and cost budget.
• Assist with the development of the annual budget.
• Support mine engineering to ensure mine plans are well developed and achievable.
• Support mine maintenance to ensure equipment availability and reliability are achieved through preventative maintenance and scheduling.
• Promote and foster an excellent working relationship with other Departments and external interests.
• Ensure continuous improvement and value creating initiatives are identified and implemented in mine operations.
• Degree in Mine Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in medium to large scale Open Pit operations and engineering roles with progressing career advancement.
• Hold or is able to obtain a Professional Engineering designation in British Columbia within 6 months.
• Hold or is able to obtain Open Pit Shift Boss ticket in British Columbia.
• Mine rescue and blasting certifications are considered an asset.
• Strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
Pay and Benefits:
Copper Mountain Mine offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including RRSP contributions. There is no camp provision at Copper Mountain Mine. This position works 5x2 (Monday to Friday). All qualified persons are invited to apply; applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and a medical.
Send resume outlining related qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org (in either word or pdf format).
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Copper Mountain Mine respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.