Taseko Mines Limited
Williams Lake, BC
Company Background and Culture
Taseko Mines is a dynamic international mining company, headquartered in Vancouver. Our strategy is to grow our company through developing our pipeline of high-quality advanced stage projects.
Taseko owns (75%) and operates the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine in central British Columbia. Gibraltar is the second largest open pit copper mine in Canada and has a 700 person workforce. Gibraltar has a long mine life and produces an average of 140 million pounds of copper and 2.5 million pounds of molybdenum per year.
The company has recently completed the construction and operation of a US$25 million demonstration plant at its Florence Copper Project in Arizona. Florence Copper is a unique in-situ copper recovery project which, when in production, will significantly increase Taseko’s copper production. Engineering, design and permitting activities are underway in preparation for the 25-year commercial production phase of the project.
With the acquisition of Yellowhead Mining, Taseko has added a large, long-life copper project to its development portfolio. The deposit, located 150km north of Kamloops, BC, is similar to the Gibraltar Mine deposit and the company is preparing to take the steps necessary to advance the technical and permitting work required to move the project towards production.
For more information on Taseko, please visit our website at http://www.tasekomines.com
Taseko is seeking applicants for the following role: Project Superintendent
Reporting to the Vice President, Capital Projects the Project Superintendent will lead project planning, engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning at the Gibraltar Mine site. The Project Superintendent will interact with Gibraltar management and technical personnel to identify and evaluate project requirements, perform project evaluations, and execute approved projects to support the site operating plans and corporate objectives. The Project Superintendent’s actions will be focused on achieving the goals of delivering cost effective, functional, safe, and environmentally sound projects for the Gibraltar Mine which are completed on time and on budget. The Project Superintendent will manage internal project teams, consultants, vendors, and contractors as required to meet these goals.
- Assist management, operations, and maintenance personnel in defining project requirements, costs, schedule, and financial benefits.
- Provide timely and effective communication of project status and KPIs with Gibraltar and corporate personnel.
- Manage engineering activities for projects to ensure that project and regulatory requirements are met and that the work is conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage and monitor project safety, schedule, and quality assurance for projects in construction.
- Supervise the development and execution of project commissioning plans and operations turn-over packages.
- Proactively identify, manage, and resolve potential problems, work conflicts, and/or schedule challenges.
- Provide leadership and administer project management controls in a manner that will deliver the project within budget, on schedule, and at the required quality.
- Ensure change management processes are effective and followed.
Education and Experience
- At least 10 years experience in heavy industrial or mining construction.
- Experience managing engineering and procurement programs.
- Experience evaluating projects and project alternatives to assess best use of capital.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- P. Eng and PMP qualifications would be considered an asset.
- Supervisory operations and maintenance experience would be considered an asset.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong safety commitment, leadership, and advocacy.
- High ethical standards, accountability, and integrity.
- Understanding and ability to coordinate multiple project scopes including scheduling, monitoring, engineering and construction activities.
- Capable of completing a broad range of multidisciplinary project tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated relationship management, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks at one time.
- Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and within established timelines.
- Accomplished written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven initiative and self-motivation.
At Taseko, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our employees have the opportunity for career and professional growth through development, education, and succession plan programs.
In addition, our compensation benefit package includes competitive salaries and vacation packages, Health and Insurance benefit program, and Retirement Savings Plan.
If you are qualified for the position posted and are interested in being part of reshaping the future of Taseko Mines Limited, please contact us through our website at https://www.tasekomines.com