We are a Canadian exploration mining company, focused on working towards the restart of the past producing Eskay Creek Gold Mine with additional development projects and properties in our portfolio.
Eskay was the highest-grade gold mine in the world when in production. The mine produced 3.3 million pounces of gold and 160 million ounces of silver at average grades of 45 g/t gold and 2,224 g/t silver from 1994-2008. We are aggressively advancing Eskay towards a Pre-Feasibility Study with a target to release in H1 2021.
As a Skeena Resources employee, you will become part of a dynamic, innovative, and results-driven work environment. You will be given assignments to challenge yourself and your skillset working alongside employees with diverse backgrounds and cultures.
We value Health and Safety, the Environment, and the Communities within which we operate, and work collaboratively with our Indigenous partners, leveraging traditional knowledge and respect for the land. By joining our team, you will become part of an organization driven by opportunity, entrepreneurship, and business results.
Job Title: Site Electrician – Eskay Creek
Position Summary: Reporting Directly to the Site Services Supervisor, and the Utilities and Maintenance Managers, this position is responsible for all site Electrical troubleshooting, repairs, installation, and maintenance activities. This includes site-based IT infrastructure and communications.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Awareness of and compliance to regulations under provincial and Federal occupational Health and Safety Regulations, and the Mines Act.
• Be a willing and able participant to the Skeena Resources Safety mandate. Ensure adherence, awareness and leadership support to the Company’s safety and environmental rules and procedures.
• Service Site electrical needs, in compliance with Federal and Provincial Electrical Codes & related regulatory / safety requirements.
• Ensure Federal / Provincial Electrical Codes and related Regulations remain in compliance.
• Installation, troubleshooting and repair of low, medium and high voltage circuits.
• Installation, troubleshooting and repair of A/C motors and variable speed drives.
• Electrical maintenance as required on all mobile and mining equipment, including gensets
• Provide direction, support and guidance to junior staff as required.
• Work cooperatively as a member of the Site Services Team.
• Maintain valid driver’s license.
• Promote team-building at all levels, and a respectful cross-cultural work environment.
• Other duties as may be required by the Company
The Ideal Candidate:
• Minimum 3-5 years related experience, preferably in a remote camp in the mining industry
• Interprovincial Journeyperson ticket is required for this position.
• Must have a Valid Driver’s License
• Experience working in a remote mining or industrial environment
• Must be able to pass Fit For Duty testing
This position involves working at a remote exploration site on a “general” two week on/two week off rotation. The Eskay Creek project is located within the Coast Mountains of Northwestern British Columbia and Tahltan Territory. Transportation would be provided from Telegraph Creek, Dease Lake and Iskut as well as charter flights from Vancouver, Kamloops, Prince George, Terrace and Smithers with shuttles from either the Bob Quinn airport or Terrace Airport to Eskay Creek camp facilities.
There will be exposure to extreme temperatures in all seasons including working outdoors in snow, mud, ice, and water conditions, walking to and from different locations on uneven ground, prolonged periods of standing and physically handling/lifting/moving heavy objects.
To apply by email, send your cover letter and resume in Word or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, by July 26, 2021.
Include your NAME and JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail response. Priority hiring consideration will be given to Indigenous applicants in whose traditional territories our projects are located. All Applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.