Reporting to the Supervisor, Financial Accounting and Consolidation, the Accountant is responsible for day to day management of accounts payable, assist with month-end close, GL reconciliations, and assisting the Energy Finance team as required.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Perform Accounts Payable functions including data entry, coding invoices, processing payments, account reconciliations, and handling vendor inquiries
- Assist in completing the financial month-end, including the preparation and entry of journals, GL account reconciliations, and distribution of financial reports
- Manage intercompany transactions, including intercompany account reconciliations, and re-bills/cash calls
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, and financial reports
- Maintain the employee expense report process
- Filing and scanning as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate, or two to five years of relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Suite®, especially Word and Excel
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning systems is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization skills, and the ability to interact with others
- High level of professionalism and initiative
- Problem solving and lateral thinking skills
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.