Company Background and Culture
Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing Canadian mining company. Taseko is the operator of the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine, the second largest copper mine in Canada, with a nearly 700 person workforce, producing an average of 140 million pounds of copper per year.
In addition to being a large copper producer, Taseko is also an accomplished mine developer with a promising pipeline of gold, copper and niobium interests in both Canada and the United States. The company is currently constructing its first international copper mine – the Florence Copper Project – which will become a $250 million in-situ copper recovery operation, just an hour’s drive south of Phoenix Arizona.
Taseko attributes its continued success and expansion to its most valued asset, its people. Driven by excellence, our approach has been to seek out, identify and then hire the best. Excellence is always our goal and achieving it means attracting, training and rewarding those who share our ambition and passion to be the very best we can be.
This is your chance to join a team of experienced mining and environmental management professionals and become part of an exciting future of growth and personal development.
Taseko is seeking applicants for the following role: Accountant – 6 Month Contract
Based out of Taseko’s head office in Vancouver and reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting, account reconciliations and overall support to the financial reporting team.
- Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of the entries in the general ledger (including payables, cheques, journal entries and bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations).
- Maintain general ledger structure.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist with copper invoice review, accruals, and maintaining shipment logs.
- Preparation of audit working papers and assist in quarterly reviews and year end audit.
- Assist in the completion of month and quarter end consolidated financial statements and notes for Taseko and the Joint Venture, and tax related financial statements.
- Assist in preparation of regulatory filings including 40F, AIF, MD&A, annual reports, etc.
- Assist with analysis/reporting: provide additional schedules/analysis of accounts as needed; assist with internal project expenditure reporting (i.e. expenditures against budget).
- Assist with the review of A/P, EFTs, and cheques.
- Backup support for administration of stock options (using Solium), execution of bank and wire transfers, filing GST and make other CRA remittances.
- Assist in special projects, reporting and other duties as assigned by the Corporate Controller or Assistant Controller.
- High ethical standards, accountability, and integrity.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and within established timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven initiative and self-motivation.
- Strong MS Office and computer skills with an emphasis on Excel
At Taseko, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Compensation under this contract will be paid at a competitive hourly rate commensurate with the duties to be performed and work experience. Some overtime may be required from time to time, but on balance, we expect candidates to budget for a minimum 40 hours per week over the contract term.
Job ID: 456
Province/State: British Columbia
Property: Vancouver Head Office
Job Type: Full Time Temporary
Apply: Qualified applicants, eligible to work in Canada are invited to explore this opportunity by submitting a cover letter and detailed resume outlining your qualifications and experience, in confidence, using the Apply button below.
Visit us at www.tasekomines.com to learn more about our New Prosperity and Harmony projects
We thank all applicants who express interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Gibraltar Mines respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information and we will retain this information for a period of 6 months