Reporting to the General Supervisor, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the General Supervisor by managing and maintaining platform systems that support personnel.
The Elk Valley Water Quality Plan (EVWQP) guides Teck’s efforts to ensure watershed health. Teck Coal’s Water Quality Management Group (WQM) is responsible for achieving Teck’s commitments under the plan by implementing water quality mitigations through both treatment and the support of Research and Development work to identify additional sustainable options. TS,P will be providing a significant number of the resources needed to execute WQM’s current and future water initiatives. TS,P is a business unit within Teck that provides support to all of Teck’s locations with services ranging from project identification to project execution.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Complete new hires orientation, employee sign on information changes, and off-boarding
- Maintain and create employee personnel files
- Maintain and update Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Training History and Timesheet systems
- Coordinate and manage the Controlled Document system and processes to ensure revisions are completed as per the review schedule, manage Document Approval Workflows, and ensure appropriate documents are linked to the Training History system
- Report Training Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for each location, support training plan development, assist in the coordination of on and off-site training courses
- Support Building Strength With People (BSWP), Succession Management, and Professional Development programs
- Compose correspondence, edit documents, and take and transcribe minutes of meetings as necessary
- Make arrangements for employee domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental bookings
- Complete expense reports and support relocation activities
- Create, maintain, and update department files, records, and publications, in digital and hard copy formats
- Project coordination and special assignments as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Business degree, diploma, or relative experience
- Minimum six years administrative experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Comprehensive computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite®
- Advanced proficiency in Sharepoint would be an asset
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment, and set and adhere to deadlines
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Quick learner and adaptable to change
- The ability to professionally manage confidential material will be critical
- Demonstrate a professional approach and commitment to our core values
- Advanced knowledge of filing systems
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.