Reporting to the Superintendent, Human Resources, the Advisor, Leadership Development is responsible for working with all departments to provide support and guidance in our ongoing pursuit of continuous improvement of our leaders. The successful candidate will drive leadership initiatives, development, mentorship, and support to our workforce.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Conduct leadership training, communication, facilitation, planning, and follow up for various internal and external programs
- Identify gaps in training and facilitate Supervisor training sessions
- Create and maintain pro-active, effective, and trusting relationships with site leaders and employees to provide advice, guidance, and counsel on development matters
- Oversee leadership development, and support inclusion and diversity values
- Provide administrative and software application support for the company’s Building Strength With People program and the Human Resources Information System
- Administer the annual compensation review program
- Generate regular and ad hoc reports on specific leadership metrics
- Facilitate and lead workshops, and discussions to identify priority objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or equivalent
- A minimum of five to seven years of Human Resources or Leadership experience with a focus on employee development
- Strong facilitation skills to enable participative discussions and learnings
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and follow up on key deliverables
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
- Experience in change management, workflow planning for self, others, and groups
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate with a very high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Able to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with and influence a wide array of ages and site tenures
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.