Reporting to the Administrator Coal Production, the Analyst Coal Production is responsible for acting as the bridge position between the Business and internal stakeholders. The Analyst is responsible for the planning of short term product delivery and the strategic planning of long term product delivery. This position is considered a rotation. Successful candidate is expected to spend approximately two years in the group, rotating out of the group, and returning to a relevant position.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Follow-up with other departments on coal delivery plans and any variances or potential implications
- Escalate issues, depending on root cause
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Understand the business and provide support to ensure quality and accuracy of the 12-weeker report
- Improve 12-weeker report to better align production to sales on a continual basis
- Proactively inform Marketing of changes in requirements
- Work closely with Marketing and Technical Marketing to ensure accurate view into demanded versus available inventory and customer expectations
- Work closely with Logistics Coordinators to understand carrier, loading, and site constraints
- Work closely with Mine General Managers and relevant Mine teams to understand variations to production plans
- Provide support in driving TBN/TBC weekly meetings
- Manage administrative customer accounts duties, such as filing, mail distribution, coordination of meetings, and preparing written customer related documents
- Stay informed of product or shipment changes and delays, communicate issues and opportunities with Marketing and Operations Leadership
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Degree in Engineering or Geology
- Two to four years of relevant experience in planning, geology mine, or plant operations
- Registered as an Engineer-in-Training or Geologist-in-Training
- Proven competence with the Microsoft Suite® of applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, and superior organizational abilities are required
- Proven data analytics, problem solving, and scenario analysis experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both proactive communication and de-escalation of customer issues
- Ability to facilitate difficult conversations to ensure accountability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, time management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines are critical
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.