Reporting to the Supervisor, Systems Engineering, the Analyst, Mine Wireless Networks is responsible for implementing and supporting industrial communications networks that enable improvements in the safety, productivity, and sustainability at Teck’s large scale mining and mineral processing operations worldwide. Develop your career with one of Canada's Top 100 Employers by collaborating with a team implementing leading edge computer and communications technology.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Deliver and maintain wired and wireless data networks ensuring required connectivity to mission critical industrial control, productivity, and safety systems
- Develop and document standards and best practices for installation, commissioning, and maintenance of wired and wireless data networks and mobile computing hardware used at Teck's operations globally
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend new technology as required
- Train site personnel in the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of wireless data networks and mobile computing hardware
- Ensure the security and availability of wireless data networks
- Facilitate and support cyber-security improvements, incident response, and forensics
- Provide after-hours second level support for critical issues
- Deliver and support other operational technology in support of business objectives
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology from an accredited institution, or equivalent relevant experience
- Familiarity with radio frequency propagation and with radio coverage prediction tools
- In depth knowledge of radio frequency and microwave communications fundamentals, including WiFi and LTE
- Familiarity with embedded computer hardware and software
- In depth knowledge of best practices for installation, commissioning and maintenance of in pit and mobile hardware would be an asset
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking fundamentals would be an asset
- Familiarity with introducing new technology products into a production environment would be an asset
- Familiarity with applicable safety protocols when working around heavy equipment in a mining environment would be an asset
- Ability to work with users and vendors to drive improvements to the quality, service, and cost of technology solutions
- Highly motivated individual that is able to work independently to achieve the desired outcomes
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; a team player
- Ability to influence site personnel to successfully adopt Teck standards and best practices
- Valid class 5 driver's license, comfortable operating four-wheel drive vehicles in remote areas
- Valid passport and ability to travel as necessary to support Teck's mining and mineral processing operations
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.