Reporting to the Condition Monitoring Supervisor, the Asset Condition Lead is responsible for executing condition based monitoring tasks including Nondestructive Testing (NDT), Vibration Data Collection, and Oil Analysis on mobile equipment. The Asset Condition Lead will analyze condition monitoring data, create work orders, and communicate defects to the various maintenance teams to improve the effectiveness of current processes and increase equipment reliability. This position follows a 4 day on, 4 day off schedule.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Complete NDT inspections on major components for structural integrity including shovel undercarriages, drill masts, and other components as required
- Maintain the Oil Analysis program and manage other various condition monitoring initiatives for continuous improvements
- Collaborate with trades, participate in the Preventative Maintenance program, assist with troubleshooting, and recommend repairs
- Analyze condition monitoring data, create reports and work orders according to findings
- Work closely with the engineering, planning, and execution teams to maximize equipment reliability and availability
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license is required
- Experience in a mechanical trade is recommended
- Certified or Certifiable Level II in NDT/NDE including Magnetic Particle and Liquid Penetrant is an asset
- Experience or Certification in thermography, or vibration analysis (CAT Level I), CGSB Level I Ultrasonic is recommended
- Able to work in confined space and at heights
- Experience working in a Condition Maintenance Monitoring System (CMMS) such as Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP, JD Edwards, or similar
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite® of programs is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.