Reporting to the Director Operations, Energy, the Commercial Lead, Energy is responsible for directing all commercial activities for Teck’s Energy Business Unit. We aim to attract individuals with the potential to rapidly grow into senior leaders within our organization.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Represent Teck’s interests as an active member of joint venture commercial sub-committees and associated meetings.
- Identify commercial opportunities to maximize the value of Teck Energy’s oil sands assets.
- Meet with vendors to explore new supply chain opportunities to support the requirements of the Energy Business Unit.
- Manage all of Teck Energy contractor negotiations including developing contract terms and conditions and ensuring compliance with established standards.
- Assess commercial risk and consider appropriate mitigation to support tendering and contract delivery.
- Ensure contract terms meet the requirement of the business unit customer.
- Direct Teck Energy’s contractor bid process and contractor selection.
- Work with Teck corporate office and other business units to develop and improve overall corporate supply chain procedures
- Minimum ten year experience in commercial development and supply chain management
- Experience with oil sands or mining companies preferred
- Experience in negotiating and managing contracts
- Strong understanding of the oil sands business and ability to see business opportunities as they arise
- Strong communication, analytical, and reasoning skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to travel on occasion including travel to mining operations
- Relationship and influencing skills in a joint venture partner environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.