Reporting to the Environmental, Engineer, the Coordinator, Environment is responsible for helping to maintain, and continually improve, the integrity of the environmental management system and performance at Fording River Operations.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Participate in and coordinate extensive environmental monitoring programs, such as soils, air, water, waste management, sustainability, invasive plant, wildlife, fisheries, and Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- Coordinate and supervise various environmental projects, such as remediation, construction, and maintenance of pollution control structures
- Increase environmental awareness within organization
- Liaise with other departments such as Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, and Processing
- Support regional environmental programs and initiatives
- Prepare various professional reports and applications for submission internally and to government agencies
- Assist with the creation and implementation of environmental management programs such as dust management and hazardous waste
- Manage and supervise contractors for both routine jobs and throughout projects
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Forest Management, Natural Resources, Biological Sciences, or related industry discipline. Those with a technical diploma that have demonstrated safe work ethic, superior performance, and have a broad base of applicable experience may also be considered
- Minimum two years’ experience in the mining industry preferred, other industries will be considered
- Sound working knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Project Management
- Environmental monitoring or compliance databases (e.g. EQUIS)
- Air quality management
- Waste management and contaminated site remediation
- Environmental impact assessments, provincial and federal permitting processes, and regulatory requirements with respect to the mining industry
- Environmental Best Management Practices
- Environmental compliance or auditing
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and ability to operate in a team environment are critical
- Proficient in technical writing, data analysis, and reporting
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.