Reporting to the Senior Engineering Supervisor, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing engineering assistance for maintenance, project management, and reliability functions to optimize the performance of mobile mining equipment and high voltage assets. The role will include feasibility studies for replacement, acquirement, and installation of new equipment and technology.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Apply engineering principles concerning the safeguarding of life, health, property, economic interests, the public welfare, and the environment
- Provide significant support in the development and execution of high voltage system improvements which includes five year planning, budgeting, and construction management
- Participate in the development of an effective maintenance program by providing timely and accurate analysis based on sound engineering practices
- Support continuous improvement efforts which could include maintenance strategy optimization and maintenance process improvements
- Spearhead work reduction and maintenance efficiency improvement initiatives ensuring alignment with business goals
- Support the development of new technologies related to wireless and fibre optic communication systems, and mining equipment
- Provide electrical engineering support to a variety of capital expenditure improvement projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from a Canadian or internationally recognized University
- Eligible for, or working towards, registration with the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in a mining environment, or a similar industrial setting. However, Engineers-In-Training are welcome to apply
- Work experience in mining is preferred; previous experience in open pit, truck and shovel operations is advantageous
- Familiarity with the Canadian Electrical Code, as well as high voltage systems, instrumentation, and controls is preferred
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office® package and AutoCAD. Training will be coordinated for our CMMS system, Microsoft Dynamics AX, however previous experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of Condition Monitoring techniques, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) would be preferred
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.