Reporting to the Senior Engineer, Supervisor Quality, the Engineer/Geologist-in-Training, Coal and Coke Quality is responsible for contributing to the resource quality characterization efforts, and improving the consistency and quality of mine products. This position will support Marketing with evaluation of customer quality and provide an understanding on how mine processing impacts product quality. This is a development opportunity with training provided in the areas of mine quality planning, ironmaking, and cokemaking.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assist with quality tracking and optimization through a strong understanding of mine site geology, production, and planning
- Investigate and report on key parameters impacting quality and work with the team to identify and correct data quality issues
- Maintain component quality database and examine impact of changes associated with Budget and Mine plans
- Operate the Clean Coal and Raw Blenders (Linear Models) to balance inventory and meet product quality requirements
- Provide technical research to assist with joint client product development and customer presentations
- Develop a strong understanding of cokemaking and carbonization; including operational procedures and cokemaking principles
- Collaborate with labs (internal and third party) regarding quality of the analyses
- Engineering or Geology degree with a concentration in Mining or Mineral Processing
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in statistical analysis and Microsoft Office Suite® applications such as Excel
- Proven analytical skills with an ability to plan and organize resources effectively
- Motivated self-starter, able to work under minimal supervision, and be able to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.