Reporting to the Superintendent, Environment the Environment Administrative Assistant (Temporary) is responsible for assisting with the overall environmental function and daily operations of the Greenhills Environmental Team.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Meet the expectations of the environment department to ensure efficient, effective, and smooth operations
- Assist with all aspects of the environmental function including the coordination of deliverables, project management tasks, external meetings, and other tasks as required
- Manage the environment department’s document management system, including SiteLine
- Compile and organize documentation necessary for successful ISO 14001 Internal and External audits
- Manage accounts payable duties as required
- Science or Business degree or diploma is considered a strong asset
- Environmental or natural resources experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently while being a self-starter with superior interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Proficient verbal and writing skills
- Comprehensive computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite®: Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive will be considered an asset
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.