Reporting to the General Manager, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative assistance and clerical support
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Perform a wide range of administrative duties including updating presentations, scanning documents, and electronic and ministry filing
- Perform data organization and entry
- Book travel as needed, and update information centers
- Enter time and attendance data
- Provide relief coverage for other clerical roles as assigned
- Maintain and organize calendars, adjusting appointments based on priority
- Create and maintain up to date expense reports
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years of experience in office administration, or equivalent training or education
- Expert computer skills, particularly in the Microsoft Office Suite®; Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a confidential setting
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.