Skeena Resources Limited is a Canadian exploration mining company, focused on working towards the restart of the past producing Eskay Creek gold-silver mine with additional development projects in our portfolio, all located in Tahltan Territory in the Golden Triangle of northwest British Columbia, Canada. Eskay Creek was the highest-grade gold mine in the world when in production. The mine produced 3.3 million ounces of gold and 160 million ounces of silver at average grades of 45 g/t gold and 2,224 g/t silver from 1994-2008.
As a Skeena employee, you will become part of a dynamic, innovative, and results-driven work environment. You will be given assignments to challenge yourself and your skillset, working alongside colleagues with diverse backgrounds and cultures. We value Health and Safety, the Environment, and the Communities within which we operate, and work collaboratively with our Indigenous partners, leveraging traditional knowledge and respect for the land. By joining our team, you will become part of an organization driven by opportunity, entrepreneurship, and business results.
Job Title: Exploration Administrator – Hourly Term Position
Reporting directly to the Exploration Managers, the Exploration Administrator will be responsible for various tasks that support the work of the exploration team at the company’s Eskay Creek project in northwestern British Columbia. This position requires a mature, responsible, and detail-oriented person to perform a variety of administrative duties. The ideal candidate will be someone who has previous experience with precious metals exploration.
This position is seasonal in nature and the duration of the contract may be up to 7 months, depending on workload and drill program needs. The position will be primarily remote based (work-from-home) and is scheduled to start in June 2022.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assisting with purchase requisitions and daily invoice approvals using PW-Web software;
- Collecting and reviewing timesheets from Exploration site personnel;
- Collecting and reviewing expense reports from Exploration site personnel;
- Assisting with crew scheduling including ensuring incoming crews have all the required necessary paperwork completed and submitted by required deadlines;
- Providing new Exploration site personnel with an onboarding package and assisting them with preparing for start of work;
- Assisting with sourcing and placing order for field supplies through established vendors;
- Coordinating shipment of pulp samples from laboratory to company storage facility;
- Arranging sample storage/expansion as needed;
- Perform all other administrative duties as assigned;
The Ideal Candidate/Required Skills/Experience:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are required;
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to review travel and logistics information for completeness and accuracy;
- The candidate should demonstrate self-motivation and excellent interpersonal skills together with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort;
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written and the ability to work with all levels of the organization are required for this role;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office experience is required;
- Previous experience working in precious metals exploration will be considered an asset;
This position involves working a Monday to Friday schedule a minimum 8 hours per day from a home-based office.
To apply by email, send your cover letter and resume in Word or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, by May 10th, 2021. Include your NAME and JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail response. Priority hiring consideration will be given to Indigenous Nation members in whose traditional territories our projects are located. All Applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.