Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing Canadian mining company. Taseko is the operator of the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine, the second largest copper mine in Canada, with a nearly 700 person workforce, producing an average of 140 million pounds of copper per year.
In addition to being a large copper producer, Taseko is also an accomplished mine developer with a promising pipeline of gold, copper and niobium interests in both Canada and the United States. The company is currently constructing its first international copper mine – the Florence Copper Project – which will become a $250 million in-situ copper recovery operation, just an hour’s drive south of Phoenix Arizona.
Taseko attributes its continued success and expansion to its most valued asset, its people. Driven by excellence, our approach has been to seek out, identify and then hire the best. Excellence is always our goal and achieving it means attracting, training and rewarding those who share our ambition and passion to be the very best we can be.
This is your chance to join a team of experienced mining and environmental management professionals and become part of an exciting future of growth and personal development.
We currently have an opening at our Gibraltar Mine for the following position:
As part of our continuous growth we are currently sourcing a Foreman, Electrical and Instrumentation reporting to the General Foreman, Mill Electrical within the Mill Maintenance Department at our Gibraltar Mine to complement our world class team. If you have relevant qualifications, operational experience, and a desire to improve your career and quality of life, we'd be pleased to have you consider Gibraltar Mines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that production and maintenance goals are met in a safe, efficient manner.
- Ensuring that daily maintenance programs associated with pit equipment, crushing, milling and instrumentation are being followed.
- Developing plans for additions and modifications to Plant, Pit, Crushing, Milling electrical and instrumentation as required.
- Supervising “troubleshooting” of complex electrical, electronic, and pneumatic equipment. Experience and analytical ability are necessary in this area to minimize downtime.
- Training tradespersons and apprentices in proper maintenance procedures and safe work habits, on a daily basis.
- Assisting mechanical maintenance personnel in co-coordinating major overhauls of equipment to reduce downtime.
- Approving timecards, processing leave requests, scheduling vacations and conducting employee performance appraisals.
- Certified Journeyman Electrician with Inter-provincial trade qualifications.
- 5 years previous supervisory experience in union environment.
- Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 5 years of Milling/Concentrator experience relating to:
- G.E. Quad load sharing systems.
- Power distribution systems.
- DCS and PLC control systems.
Gibraltar offers an excellent benefit package which includes competitive salary, a Registered Retirement Savings Plan and relocation assistance to Williams Lake. Gibraltar Mines Ltd. is a unionized organization, Unifor Local 3018. The company does not have a camp.
Williams Lake and area offers a unique combination of small city facilities, reasonably priced housing, excellent outdoor recreational opportunities and a temperate climate, all in a very central location, within easy driving distance to Kamloops, the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland.