Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing Canadian mining company. Taseko is the operator of the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine, the second largest copper mine in Canada, with a nearly 700 person workforce, producing an average of 140 million pounds of copper per year.
In addition to being a large copper producer, Taseko is also an accomplished mine developer with a promising pipeline of gold, copper and niobium interests in both Canada and the United States. The company is currently constructing its first international copper mine – the Florence Copper Project – which will become a $250 million in-situ copper recovery operation, just an hour’s drive south of Phoenix Arizona.
Taseko attributes its continued success and expansion to its most valued asset, its people. Driven by excellence, our approach has been to seek out, identify and then hire the best. Excellence is always our goal and achieving it means attracting, training and rewarding those who share our ambition and passion to be the very best we can be.
This is your chance to join a team of experienced mining and environmental management professionals and become part of an exciting future of growth and personal development.
We currently have an opening at our Gibraltar Mine for the following position:
As part of our continuous growth we are currently sourcing a Foreman, Mine Maintenance within the Maintenance Department at our Gibraltar Mine to complement our world class team. If you have relevant qualifications, operational experience, and a desire to improve your career and quality of life, we'd be honored to have you consider Gibraltar Mines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure direct reports have a clear understanding of their responsibilities and have the resources available to accomplish outcomes.
- Consistently apply employee engagement tools to achieve and maintain fully competent and strongly engaged employees.
- Establish strong working relationships with interdepartmental peer group.
- Communicate and execute maintenance plans and schedules in a cost-effective manner.
- Inform, motivate and coach employees to achieve and sustain optimal output capacity.
- Ensure safety standards of supervised employees are met by holding monthly safety meetings, completing required shift cycle tours, reviewing procedures and through visible safety leadership.
- Execute and reinforce the health and safety program.
- Complete all reports and investigations with assigned time period.
- Consistently set and communicate priorities.
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship with employees and personnel in other departments.
- Monitor equipment status and accurately use the CSM system to perform daily duties.
- Ensure direct reports are performing jobs to plan and that daily maintenance targets are on plan.
- Report plan progress and variances to Supervisor daily and follow-up with direct reports as required.
- Ensure environmental compliance with all permitting and reporting requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Red Seal Trade Qualification and demonstrated technical performance.
- At least 3 years’ progressive supervision experience.
- Solid understanding of Maintenance planning and processes.
- Knowledge of Mining Operations and experience working in a shop environment as well as with mobile equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and supervise.
- Solid written, verbal and group presentation skills.
Gibraltar offers an excellent benefit package which includes competitive salary, a Registered Retirement Savings Plan and relocation assistance to Williams Lake. Gibraltar Mines Ltd. is a unionized organization, Unifor Local 3018. The company does not have a camp.
Williams Lake and area offers a unique combination of small city facilities, reasonably priced housing, excellent outdoor recreational opportunities and a temperate climate, all in a very central location, within easy driving distance to Kamloops, the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland.