The Red Chris mine has an opportunity within the Mine Operations Department for a Haul Truck Driver. This position is for work at the remote Red Chris mine located 80 km south of Dease Lake, BC in Tahltan traditional territory. The successful applicant will be required to work and stay in camp during their shift rotation. We offer a number of designated flight marshalling points within BC. Qualified applicants from local communities are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Mine Operations Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate haul trucks (Cat 777, 785 and 793) in an open pit mine on 12 hour shifts rotating between day and night shift
- Follow established traffic patterns avoiding road hazards and other hazardous
- Perform pre-shift and post-shift safety inspections and complete daily equipment reports
- Report all unsafe mechanical conditions
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on equipment
- Assist in general mine labour and other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in an open pit mining environment preferred
- Valid BC Drivers License required
- Ability to build, promote, and actively participate in a positive working atmosphere.
- Ability to stay alert and pay attention to detail during all hours and weather conditions encountered during a shift
- Ability to safely climb and access equipment, as well as lift heavy objects up to 50lbs
- Strong leadership/team skills and the ability to work independently as required
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS CAN SEND THEIR RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN MS WORD OR PDF FORMAT TO:
Red Chris Development Company - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include position title in the subject line of email and indicate if you are applying for permanent or temporary posting.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted