Reporting to the Water Quality Management Safety Supervisor, the Health and Safety Coordinator, Projects is responsible for administration and coordination of site safety programs. This position will focus on ensuring the Health and Safety of all employees and contractors for the various water operations and construction projects currently underway, or planned, in the Elk Valley for the Water Quality Management group.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Apply continuous improvement processes and systems to improve health and safety performance
- Advise, coach, and lead the workforce to ensure proper high potential risk controls are implemented, and occupational health and safety standards and legal requirements are fulfilled
- Coordinate and administer safety systems and programs such as the SiteLine EHS Tracking System, contractor management, high potential risk control strategy, and internal and external site tours, audits, and inspections
- Support technical safety training for Confined Space Entry, Gas Detection, Hazardous Energy Isolation, and Work at Heights
- Complete monthly and year end reporting
- Perform general safety-related duties as needed and be accountable for results obtained
- Perform other responsibilities as required
- Certificate, Diploma, or Degree in Health & Safety would be considered an asset
- Possesses a CRSP/NCSO/CSP designation or in the process of attaining
- Minimum of two years’ experience in health & safety supporting water operations, or operational experience in construction or other heavy industry
- Training and experience with behavior based safety or influencing organizational behavior within an industrial setting
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Excel in a high performance atmosphere
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Hands-on, self-sufficient, and demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite® package: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment to meet the needs of key stakeholders
- Good trouble shooting, critical thinking, and decision making abilities
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.