At Teck, we believe in "Everyone going home safe and healthy every day". Join a vital team ensuring that happens at our multiple water operations across the Elk Valley.
Reporting to the Water Quality Management Safety Supervisor, the Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for administrating and coordinating site safety programs and is a dedicated resource for the water operations construction projects currently underway, or planned, in the north area of the Elk Valley and the already established sites in the south.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Apply continuous improvement processes and systems to improve health and safety performance across Water Quality Management
- Advise, mentor, and lead the workforce to ensure accurate high potential risk controls are implemented, and occupational health and safety standards and legal requirements are fulfilled
- Coordinate and administer the following safety systems and programs: SiteLine EHS Tracking System, High potential risk control strategy, Health and safety compliance risk register
- Coordinate internal and external site tours, audits, and inspections
- Supervise and manage contractors
- Support the site with technical safety training for Confined Space Entry, Gas Detection, Hazardous Energy Isolation, and Working at Heights
- Complete monthly and year end reporting for the project sites
- Support and coordinate new hire onboarding and safety training
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate, Diploma, or Degree in Health and Safety would be considered an asset
- A CRSP/NCSO/CSP designation, or in process of attaining, would be considered an asset
- Minimum five years demonstrated ability in water operations, or operational experience in construction, mine operation, or other heavy industry
- High hazard operational experience with responsibility for Health and Safety
- Training experience and knowledgeable with behavior based safety or influencing organizational behavior within an industrial setting
- Class 5 drivers' license
- Strong digital literacy, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite® package: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excel in a high performance atmosphere
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Hands-on, self-sufficient, and demonstrates a positive, can-do demeanor
- Proven track record to work effectively in a team environment to meet the needs of key partners
- Strong trouble shooting, critical thinking, and decision making abilities
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.