Reporting to the Supervisor Safety & Loss Control, the HSE Compliance Coordinator, Health & Safety is responsible for ensuring safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible execution of work performed by contractors at Line Creek Operations.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Be part of a new and developing team at Line Creek responsible for helping advance contractor management administration and execution
- Lead and hold contractors, Line Creek Contract Managers, and Supervisors accountable to ensure safe and efficient completion of contract work, and ensure all sustainability and environment requirements are being met
- Assist Line Creek Contract Managers and Supervisors in preparing thorough Environmental Health and Safety Community work plans (EHSC) and Environmental Protection Work Plans (EPWP) prior to contractor work commencing
- Coach, mentor, and train Line Creek personnel in contract management best practices
- Conduct daily audits with both Contractors and Teck Supervision to ensure the safety and environment requirements of the EHSC and EPWP work plans are sufficient, being adhered to, and being completed by competent individuals
- Observe contractor efficiency and work with site supervision to ensure work being completed is authorized and within an approved scope
- Work with Line Creek management regarding advancing contractor safety and competency
- Work with Teck Coal Business Unit (BU) Safety and Procurement teams regarding Contract Management system improvements
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned or required
- Minimum three to five years of open pit mining experience
- Supervisory experience and experience in contractor management considered an asset
- Experience performing audits and having meaningful safety conversations with contractors considered an asset
- Strong organizational, and employee relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and provide mentorship across all levels, including contractors
- Must be comfortable enforcing standards in a respectful manner
- Self-motivated, driven to produce results, and strive for continuous improvement
- Ability to liaise with BU teams for continuous improvement
- Proficient computer skills, and experience with the Microsoft Suite® Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint would be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.