Reporting to the Superintendent, Operating Excellence & Controller, the Lead Operating Excellence is responsible for leadership and department support of the Operating Excellence team. The successful candidate will ensure timely delivery of priorities in support of the development and implementation of sustainable business improvement processes throughout the site.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Determine the strategic direction of the Operating Excellence (Op Ex) team in alignment with site objectives, departmental requirements, and value to the site
- Lead a team while defining, organizing, and modifying work plans, as well as targeting and prioritizing deliverables to drive sites idea pipe lines, delivering bottom line cost reduction and productivity improvement
- Lead design and execution to sustain improvements though the wiring processes, and associated visual performance boards, performance audits, short interval control processes, and IS updates
- Coach team members in the Continuous Improvement (CI) process and use of CI tools
- Be an active voice for the Op Ex team to promote Op Ex awareness to the site, seek out new opportunities, and inspire a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Mining, Engineering, or Processing
- Seven to ten years of progressively senior level experience in areas of specialty, with a minimum of two years’ experience in continuous improvement or an operating excellence environment using Lean, Six Sigma, or other CI processes
- Professional designation in discipline preferred (P.Eng, MBA, CFA, CPA)
- Mining industry experience would be an advantage
- Strong leader, ability to engage, lead change, direct, and lead a high performance team
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, and partner effectively with other team members and diverse stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as appropriate for the needs of varied audiences
- Collaborative and team-oriented, but able to work individually with minimal supervision when required
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.