Reporting to the Superintendent Materials, the Lead, Off-The-Road (OTR) Tires is responsible for managing and optimizing OTR tires for the Coal Business Unit (BU). This includes consolidating OTR tire data, analyzing to identify performance trends, working directly with the Sites and Teck’s Corporate Strategic Sourcing group to identify opportunities for improvement, and maximize Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work as the central contact point and Subject Matter Expert for all issues related to OTR tires including warranty administration
- Maintain a strong relationship with Strategic Sourcing which includes keeping abreast of contractual obligations, manufacturing, and global trending
- Work closely with tire manufactures, Sites, and Strategic Sourcing to maximize TCO
- Understand OTR tire supply and service contracts, participate in the annual determination and nomination of OTR tire requirements utilizing performance data
- Develop standards for OTR tire site management using best and leading practices including safety procedures for tire maintenance and usage
- Develop both site and BU related Key Performance Indicators to manage, sustain, and support improving OTR tire performance
- Understand primary equipment utilization, operating parameters, regular working distances, road profiles in relation to short and long term mine plans and the correlated effect on respective OTR tire projections
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement in OTR tire management through engagement and facilitation with Sites, corporate Strategic Sourcing, BU purchasing departments, facilitated working groups, Operations Excellence, and external parties
- Assist Sites with implementation of approved best practice standards through gap analysis and auditing
- Report formally on progress and performance
- Maintain understanding of Site and overall BU OTR tire consumption (current and historical), projected consumption, inventory at Sites, inventory in transit, and forecasted delivery schedule to ensure appropriate supply to support the Sites
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- Post-Secondary schooling would be an asset
- Minimum five years operational experience in mining
- Tire management, or relevant experience considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new systems and assess systems
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to consolidate data, analyze, and trend
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes is an asset
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated leadership, influencing, and problem-solving skills
- Display excellent communication skills at all levels including Senior Management, front line supervisory employees and regulatory authorities
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to function at a high performance level with minimal supervision
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.