Reporting to the Supervisor, Safety, and Loss Prevention, the Loss Prevention Officer is responsible for matters related to health, safety, and site security. The work schedule is currently a 4x4 rotation.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Respond in times of emergency and participate in mine rescue activities
- Support implementation of High Potential Risk Control and Occupational Health and Hygiene strategies
- Promote Health and Safety leadership amongst employees and contractors, provide guidance and direction on the application of site procedures and programs
- Facilitate training for Health and Safety programs and New Hire Orientation
- Perform workplace monitoring and control access and egress to site
- Provide first aid services and complete accurate first aid reports
- Provide support to safety incident investigations and health and safety programs, including confined space, hazardous energy isolation, and fall protection
- Perform periodic health and safety inspections and participate in audits as required
- Participate in drug and alcohol program as a sample collector
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- OFA Level III or EMP Level Ill certification
- Diploma or Certificate in Health & Safety would be considered an asset
- Two years of relevant industry experience in a Health & Safety role an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License with no restrictions
- Mine Rescue ticket is an asset
- Ability to excel in a high performance atmosphere
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite®
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with the ability to speak in front of large groups
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment to meet the needs of key stakeholders
- Good trouble shooting, critical thinking, and decision making abilities
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution. Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.