Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer, Water Operations, the Maintenance Planner is responsible for developing, supporting, managing, and controlling all aspects of planned work identified for Water Quality Management, Water Operations. Water Operations’ purpose is to operate active water treatment facilities, saturated rock fill, and calcite operation facilities efficiently as part of Teck’s overall commitment to meet the requirements of EMA permit 107517 and the objectives of the Elk Valley Water Quality Plan.
The Elk Valley Water Quality Plan guides Teck’s efforts to ensure watershed health. Teck Coal’s Water Quality Management Group is responsible for achieving Teck’s commitments under the plan by implementing water quality mitigations through both treatment and the support of Research and Development work to identify additional sustainable options.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Plan maintenance activities for water operation facilities, including process equipment, structures, facilities, and utilities
- Manage work order backlogs for accuracy and details required to properly advance the work through the planning process
- Manage maintenance activities including Request for Proposals, contractor and vendor quotes, and Purchase Order Requests
- Scope all aspects of pre-job requirements, including parts, labor resources, Environment Health Safety and Community (EHSC) work plans, permits, drawings, facilities, support equipment, special equipment and tooling, and instructions
- Supervise contractors and trade workers completing on site work as required
- Assist with equipment inspections and preventative maintenance checks as required, and assist with troubleshooting
- Maintain a maintenance forecast, focusing on key equipment and major work events
- Commission and decommission equipment and their maintenance programs
- Assist with the development and maintenance of cost forecasting and budgeting
- Create detailed work packages, especially for routine work, to further build those captured packages into our system
- Setup new facilities and equipment into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), including equipment structure, spare parts, maintenance work packages, and preventative maintenance programs
- Implement maintenance strategies within the CMMS as outlined by the engineering group, including preventative maintenance and condition monitoring
- Manage stock levels for required onsite parts as well as setting new parts up
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- High school diploma along with a journeyman’s ticket or post-secondary degree or diploma in a related engineering or technical discipline is preferred
- Previous supervisory, maintenance, planning, or scheduling experience is an asset
- Basic computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite®, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel, are necessary. Training will be coordinated for Microsoft Dynamics AX, however previous experience would be an asset
- Familiar with maintenance processes and system software used at site would be an asset
- Excellent communication, human relation, and follow-up skills are required
- A proven team player and able to work well in a multi-tasking, fast-paced, environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.