Reporting to the Supervisor, Maintenance Planning, the Maintenance Planner is responsible for developing, supporting, managing, and controlling all aspects of planned work identified through the Maintenance Department.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage work order backlogs for accuracy and details required to properly advance the work through the planning process
- Scope all aspects of pre-job requirements, including parts, labour resources, permits, drawings, facilities, support equipment, special equipment and tooling, and instructions
- Develop and maintain a 13-week maintenance forecast, focusing on equipment criticality and proper work identification
- Maintain a long term forecast, focusing on key equipment, components, and major work
- Commission and decommission equipment and their maintenance programs
- Assist with the development and maintenance of cost forecasting, budgeting, and analysis
- Work consistently with maintenance to create detailed work packages, especially for routine work, to further build those captured packages into our system
- Track and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of our processes and systems, bringing forth visibility and continuous improvement opportunities to the Maintenance Department
- Implement maintenance strategies within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) as outlined by the reliability engineering team, work closely with condition monitoring personnel to plan any condition-based work orders
- Manage stock levels for required onsite parts as well as setting new parts up in stock
- Mechanical trade certificate, diploma in a relevant technical field, or equivalent technical and operational experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous supervisory, planning, or scheduling experience
- Experience, and ability to demonstrate skills, with the Microsoft Office Suite®; Outlook, Word, and Excel. Training will be coordinated for Microsoft Dynamics AX, however previous experience would be an asset
- Excellent communication, human relation, and follow-up skills are required
- Familiar with maintenance processes and system software used at site would be an asset
- A proven team player and able to work well in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.