Reporting to the Maintenance Planning Supervisor, the Maintenance Scheduler is responsible for liaising between the Mine Maintenance, Engineering, and Operations groups to ensure maximum use of maintenance execution resources and minimizing interruption to operations and production.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Verify resource requirements and availability before scheduling work
- Generate a short-term maintenance schedule, and review it with the Maintenance Supervisors and General Supervisor to incorporate operational concerns and limitations
- Release all work orders daily to the shop foreman and trades
- Maintain, coordinate, and expedite the flow of materials and components for scheduled work
- Lead Work Control meetings with Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance
- Interact with Maintenance Supervisors to assist in ensuring schedules are followed and modified as necessary
- Assist in core and repairable component returns to vendors in a timely manner
- Assist in acquiring parts as identified by the Maintenance Supervisor for unscheduled work when required
- Acquire contract labor or equipment support as necessary
- Communicate inventory shortfalls and overstocks to warehouse
- Review completed work orders to identify any required changes or improvements
- Work closely with the Planners to track and report short-term Key Performance Indicators and align scheduled workload with forecasted budget needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman's ticket, related technical diploma, or engineering degree will be considered given the right experience
- Supervisory or lead hand experience is an asset
- Previous experience with materials acquisition, planning, and scheduling in a maintenance environment is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite® and proficiency with the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems such as Daxti and Dynamics AX
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to productively direct a team
- Possess a high level of energy, be detail orientated, and willing to embrace change
- Familiarity with the maintenance processes and other system software is an asset
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, and resourcing skills as well as the ability to meet deadlines is essential
- Must be a proven team player and work well in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.