Reporting to the Maintenance General Supervisor, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all maintenance activities in the shop and pit. This position combines the responsibilities for trades, schedule execution, continuous improvement, and staffing to ensure company standards are maintained.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment through compliance with Teck’s Health and Safety Program and the BC Mines Act
- Maintain an environmentally sound maintenance program that holds employees accountable for the proactive application of the site’s programs
- Direct the troubleshooting of equipment failures to determine root cause and initiate appropriate remedial action
- Oversee quality maintenance and repair of mine equipment to maximize availability and reliability for production
- Manage daily and weekly work schedules to ensure work is complete on time and on budget through usage of Short Interval Controls (SIC)
- Maximize employee work performance, productivity, and perform performance evaluations as required
- Follow-up on current jobs and assist tradesmen with troubleshooting
- Assist with the development of the schedule by providing feedback to the Scheduler and Planner
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance compliance
- Assist in sourcing and requisitioning maintenance supplies, equipment, and services within budgeted guidelines
- Supervise contractors as assigned
- Determine and recommend overtime work to the General Supervisor and subsequently approve overtime work
- Maintain vacation schedules using Vacation Allotment guidelines
- Follow Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); downtime hours, schedule compliance, and labour factor
- Post-secondary education, including valid trade certification, related technical diploma or degree, or combined experience and education
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, business acumen, and employee relations skills
- Supervisory experience considered an asset, along with experience in materials acquisition, planning. and scheduling
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite®, particularly in Excel, Outlook, and Word. Training will be provided for other required applications
- Must be a proven team player and work well leading in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.