North Coal Limited (NCL) is a privately owned and operated mining and exploration company based in Sparwood, British Columbia (BC). NCL is currently advancing the Michel Coal Project, which is located in the Southeast of BC. NCLs’ goal is to become one of Canada’s long-term, sustainable sources of high quality hard coking coal. The local area offers an abundance of outdoor recreation opportunities and the ability to provide a work-life balance.
- Ensure the Company’s policies on Safety, Health Environment and External Relations are complied with at all times.
- Provide overall direction and management of all engineering studies related to the development of the Michel Coal Project. Studies may include; mine planning and scheduling, coal processing, civil and infrastructure, water management, cost modelling and other related activities.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of the feasibility study (“the study”) and the project within time, cost, quality and safety criteria as per the following deliverables;
- Overall control and management of the study and scope of works to be completed.
- Prepare the study work plan including the study organization and structure, contracting strategy and resource plans.
- Define the study objectives, approach and standards to be achieved during the study.
- Based on the approved budget for the study and the project, authorise commitments and expenditures within authority levels and control costs within budget limits.
- Identify, recommend and appoint Owner’s Study and Project Staff necessary to perform the work.
- Recommend consultant’s and contractors necessary to complete the allocated tasks.
- Ensure quality assurance programmes are established by all parties and maintained.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project.
- Provide direction and review the performance of the study consultant contractor’s team and the EPCM contractor’s team.
- Prepare a draft project execution plan.
- Pre-commission and commission the facilities and infrastructure and provide support to operations manager(s) during start-up.
- Handover facilities, support services and staff as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or project management.
- +15 years’ experience in development of greenfield and/or major brownfields projects. Coal project study and development experience is preferred.
- Hold a professional registration with Engineers and Geoscientists of BC or have the ability to be licensed.
- Proven ability to understand and synthesize information from functions including geology, mine engineering and design, processing, operations, projects, environmental, social, political, human resources, supply chain, EPCM and overall project management.
- A proven track record in project development and value generation and ability to justify, budget, execute and manage large programmes.
- Strong project leadership and management skills and performance management in a dynamic multitasking environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, to effectively convey process and workflow concepts and expected results to both subordinates and management.
Interested Candidates can send a resume and cover letter via email to;
Thank you for your interest,
North Coal Limited
Sparwood, British Columbia