Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operating Excellence, Sparwood the Manager, Financial Systems and Process Improvement is responsible for delivering world class financial systems, processes, and training to the Teck Coal Business Unit. This individual will collaborate with key stakeholders across the Mine Sites, Vancouver Head Office, and other Business Units of Teck Resources Ltd. to facilitate companywide initiatives and Finance specific process initiatives, driving for standardization and efficiency.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage team work plans and modify targets and priority deliverables as needed
- Ensure that all team and project members are clear about the requirements of their role and understand the key performance indicators against which they will be measured
- Work with other internal project managers and resources to ensure the various project gates are implemented in accordance with business unit and global best standards and methodology
- Provide oversight in the implementation of D365 in Coal in alignment across Teck’s various operating entities in North America and Chile where appropriate
- Champion and support process standardization and improvement initiatives including stewardship, and coordination of finance projects to develop effective end to end processes
- Deploy new or enhanced processes effectively, including appropriate training for all stakeholders
- Work closely with the Information Technology Department to communicate process requirements to ensure technology appropriately supports developed processes
- Facilitate Finance specific communication for Process Improvement and Process Standardization
- Ensure Finance requirements are understood and communicated on a Teck Coal and Teck Resources wide basis
- Drive Change Management in Finance and related areas for specific process areas
- Work closely with cross-functional Business Subject Matter Experts in ensuring that solutions are implemented as per best or leading practice
- Maintain the Enterprise Resource Plan (ERP) and other financial systems applicable settings, master data, variables, and account or dimension structures to support effective responsibility based cost reporting and analysis
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirement
- Maintain project documentation and prepare and deliver project progress reports
- Conduct internal project review meetings and act as project information source
- Work with line managers and key stakeholders to request and obtain required resources to meet deliverables
- Degree in Accounting, Business, or Management Information Systems
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA)
- Business Analyst Certification or relevant job experience over 10 years preferred
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or equivalent would be an asset
- High level of Computer Proficiency
- Extensive experience with ERP systems and reporting packages, design, development and deployment specifically, experience with Dynamics AX, Atlas XL, ProClarity, PowerBI and D365
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, strong customer focus
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and decision making abilities
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.