Teck Coal is seeking Mechanical Engineers and Senior Mechanical Engineers to join their teams in the Elk Valley, near the communities of Elkford, Sparwood and Fernie, BC. The Mechanical Engineer or Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for key areas within a dynamic work environment. One key area is to drive the Mobile Reliability program, with the aim of eliminating equipment related defects across our mobile assets. Depending on experience and the role, responsibilities will vary from the list below.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Drive various Reliability programs including the principles of predictive and preventative maintenance
- Look for and drive continuous improvement ideas including areas focused on technology and innovation
- Lead and mentor multiple Engineers-in-Training and Engineers throughout various stages of their career
- Participate in reviews for asset maintenance requirements
- Confirm product performance by designing and conducting tests, and contributing to product improvements
- Aid in planning, organizing, securing, and managing of resources
- Establish project objectives and performance measures, and develop corrective plans to ensure project sustainability
- Control project costs and schedule and provide accurate reporting throughout all project phases
- Coordinate with stakeholders within management and operational teams, and ensure that key information is communicated effectively
- Improve project delivery continually by applying relevant lessons learned and maintaining detailed records
- Contribute to the overall efficiency of the maintenance department by performing other technical functions as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Eligible for, or working towards, registration as a P.Eng with the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Looking for all levels of experience, with Senior Engineers requiring at least seven years of experience
- Experience with mobile equipment, mechanical, and electrical systems
- Previous experience in open pit, truck and shovel operations is advantageous
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite®: particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word are necessary
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and excel in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as effective interpersonal and problem solving abilities
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.