The Red Chris mine has an opportunity within the Mill Operations Department for a Mill Operator Trainee. This position is for work at the Red Chris mine located 80 km south of Dease Lake, BC in Tahltan traditional territory. The successful applicant will be required to work and stay in camp during their shift rotation. We offer a number of designated flight marshalling points within BC. Qualified applicants from local communities are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Mill Operations Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operating telehandlers, forklifts, loaders, aerial work platforms, overhead cranes and skidsteers (with training)
- Performing tasks in extreme weather conditions
- Performing tasks that involve heavy lifting, cleaning, sweeping, shoveling and hosing
- Performing tasks that will include; reagent mixing, sampling and conveyor inspections (with training)
- Learning operator circuit duties and inspections
- Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Valid driver’s license required (can be an L).
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be capable of working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Experience working in an industrial setting considered an asset.
- Must be capable of operating telehandlers, forklifts, loaders, aerial work platforms, overhead cranes and skidsteers after training is provided.
- 18 years’ of age by start date.
- Ability to perform tasks that require strength and stamina in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision once familiar with requirements.
- A team player that works well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS CAN SEND THEIR RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN MS WORD OR PDF FORMAT TO:
Red Chris Development Company - email@example.com
Please include position title in the subject line of email
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted