The Red Chris mine has an opportunity within the Mill Operations Department. This position is for work at the Red Chris mine located 80 km south of Dease Lake, BC in Tahltan traditional territory. The successful applicant will be required to work and stay in camp during their shift rotation. We offer a number of designated flight marshalling
points within BC. Qualified applicants from local communities are encouraged to apply.
The mill (concentrator) is a 30,000 tonne per day plant that produces a bulk copper concentrate using the following unit processes and equipment:
- Gyratory Crusher
- Semi-Autogenous (SAG) and Ball Mill Primary Grinding
- Pebble Crusher (Metso HP 800 cone)
- Tank and Column Cell Flotation
- Ball Mill and Verti-Mill secondary regrinding
- Concentrate Dewatering using a Thickener and Pressure Filter followed by Tailings Disposal.
We are accepting applications for a Mill Operator Level I (Flotation).
Reporting to the Mill Shift Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring, adjusting, and reporting on the Flotation circuit equipment to facilitate safe, environmentally conscious, efficient production of copper concentrate, maximizing recovery while maintaining target concentrate grade.
- Conducting regular equipment inspections on all circuit pumps and lines, regrind mills , OSA, column cells, mechanical cells , reagent systems and all other ancillary equipment.
- Communicating clearly with the Control Room Operator, Mill Operations Foreman, Mill Maintenance Department, Electrical Department and the Metallurgy Department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Capable of performing all requirements of four (4) Circuits within the Mill or have a minimum of 3-5 years Mill operating experience.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be capable of working at heights and in confined spaces.
- 18 years of age by start date.
- Ability to preform tasks that require strength and stamina in extreme weather conditions.
- A team player that works well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license (can be an L).
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS CAN SEND THEIR RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN MS WORD OR PDF FORMAT TO:
Red Chris Development Company - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include position title in the subject line of email
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted