Reporting to the Senior Supervisor Mine Operations, the Mine Operations Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for assigning work and co-supervising mine operations crews in meeting production objectives in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner. This position follows a 4x4 days and nights rotation.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Operate the Wenco, MineVision, and Fleet Control systems to optimize equipment utilization, productivity, and operating costs
- Ensure the truck shovel operation is optimized to maximize production and minimize operating costs at all times
- Manage the crew’s vacation scheduling requirements
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Minimum three years mining experience, including one year of experience with the Wenco system
- Preference will be given to those with strong computer skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work under pressure, meet tight timelines, and positively contribute within a dynamic team environment
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and energetic with a strong interest in continuous improvement
- Ability to multitask and keep accurate records
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.