Reporting to the Senior Engineer Supervisor Maintenance, the Mining Systems Analyst is responsible for identifying, communicating, implementing, designing, and supporting technology-based elements of Elkview’s real-time network. This will include the eventual transition to 5G and support of the Autonomous Haul Truck Pilot at Elkview.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work with the Electricians and Communication specialists to manage, design, and maintain the real-time network in support of operations and operational systems
- Complete site projects as well as the evaluation and implementation of new technologies
- Act as the dedicated point of contact between Elkview leadership, Teck Digital Systems (TDS), and the OEM’s for all technical subjects and issues related to systems
- Be responsible for site level implementation, maintenance, and expansion of the Mine support technologies such as the Fleet Management System, condition monitoring system, GPS/GNSS, wireless and fixed networks, virtual server environment, control room hardware/software, and system databases
- Assist with data integration and reporting between mining systems
- Collaborate with TDS to maintain and improve cyber-security, system architecture, and remote access standards
- Adhere to the Teck Digital Systems change control, security, and all other relevant policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain technical documentation pertaining to system design, key learnings, and best practices
- Bachelor's Degree or Technical Diploma in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum five years of experience delivering and supporting information technology services in an industrial setting, preferably with WiFi or LTE networks
- Experience working with mining specific systems such as fleet management applications, GPS/GNSS, industrial and wireless networks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, virtualization, Active Directory, computer networking fundamentals, and database operation
- Strong commitment to project success and the ability to maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal, and collaborative communications skills working in a team environment to coordinate and execute project activities
- Working knowledge of project management and business analysis techniques
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.