The Red Chris mine is recruiting a Planner to join our Mobile Maintenance Department. This position is for work at the remote Red Chris mine located 80 km south of Dease Lake, BC, in Tahltan traditional territory. The successful applicant will be required to work and stay in camp during their shift rotation. We offer a number of designated flight marshalling points within BC. Qualified applicants from the local communities are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance General Foreman, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strong commitment and adherence to all safety policies and Procedures.
- Planning and scheduling all maintenance and preventative maintenance of production, service and support equipment using SAP.
- Manage equipment work order back logs and order all necessary parts to support planned work.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease repair times and streamline work processes.
- Work with management, other Departments and the Reliability engineer to optimize all planned work
- Indoor & outdoor work at all times of the year, frequent visits to differing site locations
- Ensuring compliance with all, quality, schedule, and budget and security requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Planning experience or Trades related experience and knowledge of Caterpillar, SIS, Komatsu, Hitachi, John Deere and Cummins service programs are considered a strong asset
- Thorough understanding and experience in maintenance computer systems such as D.B.S, Ellipse or SAP as well as Microsoft Office applications
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work within tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Maintenance experience with caterpillar haul trucks, dozers, Hitachi, komatsu, hydraulic excavators and shovel. P&H 2800XPB shovel and Atlas Copco drills is preferred.
- A team player that works well with others
- Leadhand experience or Supervisor experience an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent preferred
- Valid driver’s license
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS CAN SEND THEIR RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN MS WORD OR PDF FORMAT TO:
Red Chris Development Company - email@example.com
Please include position title in subject line of email
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.