Reporting to the Superintendent Human Resources, the Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for assisting in the administration and management of select health and safety programs; as well as post incident first aid needs determination.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assess and deliver first aid treatment
- Participate in employee safety and health promotion related initiatives
- Manage disability including WCB case management, and return to work planning
- Manage health surveillance and other medical duties as required
- Coordinate company medicals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current registration with the College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- Advanced First Aid Certificate or ITLS Certificate
- Basic Trauma Life Support – Advanced
- OHN Certification is an asset
- Audiometric and Spirometry Technician qualifications is an asset
- Strong clinical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Sound computer skills
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.