Skeena Resources Limited is a Canadian exploration mining company, focused on working towards the restart of the past producing Eskay Creek gold-silver mine with additional development projects in our portfolio, all located in Tahltan Territory in the Golden Triangle of northwest British Columbia, Canada. Eskay Creek was the highest-grade gold mine in the world when in production. The mine produced 3.3 million ounces of gold and 160 million ounces of silver at average grades of 45 g/t gold and 2,224 g/t silver from 1994-2008.
As a Skeena employee, you will become part of a dynamic, innovative, and results-driven work environment. You will be given assignments to challenge yourself and your skillset, working alongside colleagues with diverse backgrounds and cultures. We value Health and Safety, the Environment, and the Communities within which we operate, and work collaboratively with our Indigenous partners, leveraging traditional knowledge and respect for the land. By joining our team, you will become part of an organization driven by opportunity, entrepreneurship, and business results.
Job Title: Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Reporting directly to Skeena’s Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, the Office Manager/Executive Assistant is responsible for assisting Skeena’s senior management team and ensuring the day-to-day operations of the office are running smoothly. Working in collaboration with all departments, the Office Manager/Executive Assistant is crucial to the success of the Skeena Team. This role is for a self-motivated, multi-tasker, with superior organizational skills who is eager to grow with the Company.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Coordinate information flowing in and out of Skeena through the corporate email and phone line
• Act as liaison with internal and external contacts on behalf of the Senior Management Team
• Coordinate meetings and agendas in Outlook, Zoom and Teams
• Prepare travel bookings and arrangements
• Assist with expense reports of the Senior Management Team
• Proactively assist the Senior Management Team as needed
• Format presentations, proposals, and documentation
• Receive incoming mail and review for content and urgency of action and highlight accordingly
• Maintain corporate website with updates requested by the Communications Team
• Create and manage contacts in our client relationship management system, MailChimp and our company directory
• Plan and organize company events and special meetings
• Act as one of Skeena’s floor wardens, providing office emergency/fire procedures and assistance to staff
• Coordinate keys, parking passes and security pass cards
• Ensure all common areas are tidy & fully stocked with necessary supplies
• SEDAR & EDGAR filings as required
• Assist Skeena’s Accounting Team with invoices & requisitions
• All other administrative duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
• Proven organization, planning, prioritization and time management skills
• Detail oriented with excessive attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exhibits a high degree of responsibility for confidential matters
• Effective team player who can jump in wherever is needed
• Strong interpersonal and reasoning skills, with proven problem-solving abilities
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as with others
• 5+ years of administrative work experience
• Previous experience in mining is preferred, but not required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Any experience with Mailchimp, Irwin, SEDAR, SEDI, EDGAR or PW Web will be considered an asset
• Diploma in Post-Secondary Business/Administration or similar
• This position will be full-time in Skeena’s Vancouver Office
To apply by email, send your cover letter and resume in Word or .pdf format to email@example.com, by June 24, 2022. Include your NAME and JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail response. All Applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.