Skeena Resources Limited is a Canadian exploration mining company, focused on working towards the restart of the past producing Eskay Creek gold-silver mine with additional development projects in our portfolio, all located in Tahltan Territory in the Golden Triangle of northwest British Columbia, Canada. Eskay Creek was the highest-grade gold mine in the world when in production. The mine produced 3.3 million ounces of gold and 160 million ounces of silver at average grades of 45 g/t gold and 2,224 g/t silver from 1994-2008.
As a Skeena employee, you will become part of a dynamic, innovative, and results-driven work environment. You will be given assignments to challenge yourself and your skillset, working alongside colleagues with diverse backgrounds and cultures. We value Health and Safety, the Environment, and the Communities within which we operate, and work collaboratively with our Indigenous partners, leveraging traditional knowledge and respect for the land. By joining our team, you will become part of an organization driven by opportunity, entrepreneurship, and business results.
Job Title: Permitting Specialist
Reporting directly to Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager, as well as secondary reporting to the VP Sustainability, the Permitting Specialist is responsible for advancing regulatory approvals, in collaboration with internal teams, for the construction and operation of the Eskay Creek Revitalization Project.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Always represents Skeena Resources in a positive and professional manner;
• Coordinate and facilitate information sharing between sustainability, site, and engineering disciplines to ensure appropriate level of detail is developed and integrated into environmental permit applications;
• Facilitates and leads, in conjunction with the Skeena Sustainability Team, negotiations, discussions, presentations, and technical and non-technical meetings with Indigenous Peoples, agencies and interested parties;
• Advance permitting efforts consistent with the Project Schedule that result in feasible approvals supportive of the Project Schedule
• Maintains a permit registry and work closely with the site team to support the development and implementation of the EMS and approved permits
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with consultants, agencies and interested parties.
• All other related and General Administrative duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Experience obtaining permits and licenses from appropriate authorities including Indigenous, federal, and provincial authorities;
• Strong technical understanding of mineral development concepts and environmental management requirements including corresponding permit application requirements;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate technical information to a wide audience;
• Must hold a minimum 10 years’ experience in major mineral project development in similar role/ similar organization including working with Indigenous Peoples;
• Must be a self-starter- willing to work in a variety of capacities as needed to achieve approvals including implementing innovative approaches where required;
• Time management and organization skills to balance and coordinate efforts across multiple, concurrent activities;
• Familiarity with relevant BC and federal legislation and regulations;
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Must have a valid class 5 driver's license;
• Must be able to pass Fit for Duty testing.
To apply by email, send your cover letter and resume in Word or .pdf format to email@example.com, by May 6th, 2022. Include your NAME and JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail response. Priority hiring consideration will be given to Indigenous applicants in whose traditional territories our projects are located. All Applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.