Reporting to the Processing Maintenance General Supervisor, the Planner, Process Maintenance is responsible for planning, scheduling, and acquiring parts for the Plant Maintenance Department. The Planner will be a key component in developing, managing, and controlling all aspects of the planning process.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage standards for electrical and mechanical equipment and safety gear
- Develop and maintain an electrical component audit and inspection program
- Manage maintenance backlog including weekly and monthly reviews
- Plan and implement process control automation and innovation
- Coordinate and plan jobs including required tooling, drawings, and parts
- Develop mechanical and electrical scope of work packages and work with procurement for service and material purchase orders
- Develop structured work templates and parts lists for all routine electrical and mechanical work
- Maintain a 13 week master schedule to manage component change outs and overhauls
- Maintain an annual electrical and mechanical preventative maintenance program
- Assist in the development and maintenance of cost forecasting and budgeting
- Develop and manage the annual shutdown work plan as well as coordinate the preparation tasks
- Assist in the implementation of best planning practice and a reliability based maintenance system
- Perform other responsibilities as required or assigned
- High school diploma along with a Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Certificate or post-secondary degree or diploma in a related engineering or technical discipline is an asset
- Knowledge and experience in electrical planning, engineering, or trade
- Basic typing skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite®, especially Outlook, Word and Excel, are necessary
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Supervisory experience considered an asset, along with experience in materials acquisition, planning, or scheduling
- Excellent communication, human relation, and follow-up skills are required
- Must be a proven team player with strong organizing, planning, and resourcing skills
- Previous Process Maintenance experience is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.