Reporting to the Process Engineering Supervisor, the Process Engineer is a junior to mid-level position for a candidate with some experience in the mining or oil sands industry. This person will support the development of the process aspects for all of Teck’s Energy leases and current operations at Fort Hills.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Participate and support Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA) projects on behalf of Teck
- Support process designs and updates for energy leases and current operations
- Review and develop heat and material balances and process simulations as required
- Support technical integrity and compliance in engineering firms’ work
- Review Process & Instrumentation Diagram (P&IDs), process flow sheets and diagrams
- Participate in pilot plant planning and design, testing, data interpretation and reporting
- Ensure that safety and environmental factors are incorporated into the process design
- Participate in the debottlenecking and ongoing support for operating sites
- Support review and application of technologies
- Bachelor in Science Engineering or equivalent with Metallurgical, Mineral Processing or Chemical specialization
- Five plus years in mining, mineral processing or oil sands is preferred
- Minimum of three years in mining, mineral processing or oil sands
- Operating experience will be highly regarded
- Eligible for registration with Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Motivated self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.