Reporting to the Senior Processing Engineer Supervisor, the Process Engineer or Senior Engineer is responsible for tracking and improving team safety, product quality, plant efficiency, plant throughput, and process automation. They will be a leader in change management and project execution. As part of this tight-knit team, you will also be focused on leadership and career development inside of Teck Resources.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Identify and implement procedures and equipment to improve the recovery and throughput of the process, while optimizing spending
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary department to resolve process issues
- Build and sell the business case for capital projects
- Drive integration and alignment between engineering, operations, maintenance, the quality control lab, and contractors
- Build relationships with the plant operators to identify betterments and to solicit their experienced input
- Provide coaching on new procedures and change management for projects
- Work with operators and process automation technicians to deliver small and large process automation advancements
- Scout out appropriate subject matter experts to grow our in-house knowledge and expertise
- Hire and supervise contractors to implement betterments
- Provide leadership and mentoring of engineering and operations staff
- Secure the resources necessary to deliver successful project outcomes
- Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Registered, or eligible to register, with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management with a successful track record of delivering strong project outcomes
- Experience with change management and innovation
- Keen interest in developing leadership, and supporting peers on their leadership journey
- Fast learner for existing software systems and business processes
- Training in coal processing and handling techniques will be provided as needed
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.