Reporting to the Processing General Supervisor, the Processing Supervisor is responsible for assigning work and supervising process operations crews in meeting production objectives in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner. The position follows a 4x4 days and nights rotation.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment through compliance with Teck’s Health & Safety Program and the BC Mines Act
- Lead and motivate individuals in achieving operating targets and maximize employee work performance through coaching and feedback
- Coordinate and prioritize the activities of the process operations crew to meet production, cost, and quality objectives. This includes supervision of employees who perform control room, dryer, coarse coal, and fine coal processing, rail loadout, cable belt and raw coal delivery systems, reject disposal and support functions
- Coordinate the plant production plan with Mine Operations, Mine Engineering, and Logistics
- Maximize plant yield and throughput while ensuring product quality meets customer specifications
- Set and communicate goals and objectives for the operation crews
- Administer the collective agreement, safety, mine, and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with policies and procedures
- Participate in industrial relations and safety investigations as required by the General Supervisor
- Perform other responsibilities as requires or as assigned
- Previous experience supervising operating crews
- Previous experience with plant process operations
- Ability to multi-task and to undertake challenges in a fast paced environment
- Must be a strong leader with a proven track record of mentoring and motivating individuals
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with demonstrated professionalism and ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Possess a strong technical and operational background in a Processing environment
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite®: Excel, Word, and Outlook and exposure to Plant Runs is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.