Reporting to the Supervisor, Asset Health Systems, the Senior Analyst, Asset Health Systems is responsible for maintaining leading edge technology that is transforming the way Teck operates its large-scale mining operations worldwide. Technologies include Industrial Internet of Things, condition monitoring systems, operator safety systems, big data analytics, and machine learning driven predictive maintenance. This position offers a compressed work week with alternating Friday’s off, and comes with a competitive pay and benefits package.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Participate as an effective member of a high performing team of technology professionals
- Plan, develop, and support solutions to meet the business objectives of the Mine Maintenance, Safety, and Operating Excellence departments at all Teck mining operations
- Lead new system selection, system architecture, and continuous improvement of supported systems
- Support innovation in predictive maintenance at Teck employing Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Cloud, and Internet of Things technologies
- Maintain a general competency across Teck Digital Systems functional areas and business functions
- Complete data analysis, data validation, and reporting
- Collaborate closely with internal and external teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems
- Apply risk assessment methodologies to identify and mitigate risks
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline, more than five years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills
- High emotional maturity and ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Experience with Grafana, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Influx TICK stack, and REST APIs
- Familiarity with Canbus and asynchronous serial data busses
- IoT experience is an asset
- Experience with system integration and system design
- Experience with cloud computing and big data
- Knowledgeable about industrial computing hardware
- Experience working in and industrial setting with real-time systems
- Thorough knowledge of general computer controls (GCC) related to operations, information security, and change management of systems software, application source code, network, and system database technologies
- Strong process documentation and reporting capabilities
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong project management skills and knowledge of business analysis techniques
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction and the ability to maintain strong relationships with business partners, business management, and application users
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid passport and ability to travel as needed
- Working level Spanish would be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.